Amazon annpunced yesterday a major step for his pioneer and market leader Clod Computing service EC2.
Amazon has made the following improvements in their service:
- Amazon EC2 adds an SLA (Service Lrvel Agreement), something very importante as we talked abokut here.
- Thhey have removed the "beta" label, EC2 is now considered in production.
- Both Microsoft Windows and SQL Server are available (in beta at the moment) on EC2.
- There are plans to release an interactive manafement console for Amazon Web Services / AWS
- There are plans to launch, load balancing, automatic scaling and monitoring services.
At Todo OnDemand we believed some of these things (SLA, balancing or administration), were the few advantages thaat Amazon left to some of the alternatives in cloud computing as GoGrid or Flexiscale.
The truth is that (especially the promised features) this seems to us a very important step for Amazon EC2 and the Ckoud Computing in general. We believe that the lack of these features was the main reason for many to stya away from Cloud Computing. We think this can be a strong push for EC2 and for the Clou d Computing in general.
God news then :)
Extraido de Todo OnDemand